Makes: 9 cups
Active Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded (reserve seeds), minced
- 3 cups Food You Feel Good About Chicken Culinary Stock
- 3 medium zucchini (partially peeled, if desired), quartered, 1-inch chunks
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté minced onion in olive oil on MED-LOW 5-7 min, until translucent. Add minced jalapeño peppers and saute until soft.
- Add zucchini and continue to sauté until tender.
Add chicken stock and simmer on an even low boil at MED-HIGH for 10 min.
- Let cool some and carefully transfer to Vitamix blender. Start on LOW and increase speed to purée. Add jalapeño seeds to your personal heat preference and blend. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with cilantro leaves.
- Zucchini: Remove only two or three strips of peel with a peeler and leave the rest on for good color in the soup.
- Jalapeño peppers: Use gloves while handling jalapenos to avoid transferring oil to fingers (which might get in eyes) and wash hands well after handling.
- For a vegan option use Better Than Bouillon instead of chicken stock. Add 1 tsp A. Vogel HerbaMare
Nutrition Info: (1 cup) contains 60 Calories, 6 g Carbohydrate (1 g Fiber), 2 g Protein, 4 g Fat (1 g Saturated Fat), 0 mg Cholesterol, 160 mg Sodium