Makes: 1 1/2 cups
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 bunches dandelions greens
- 3 quarts water
- 3 Tbsp. Wegmans Extra-Virgin Organic Olive Oil 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp. sea salt
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon
- Heat water, oil and salt on HIGH; bring to boil
- Wash and chop dandelions into 1“ pieces from the top to stems, use only 2/3 and disregard the bottom part with the bitter stems
- Add garlic and greens to boiling water, reduce heat MED to simmer and cook for 10 min and check stems for fork tenderness. If not tender, cook for an additional 5 min.
- Using a slotted spoon or metal mesh skimmer, strain the greens out of water. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over greens and serve.
- Option: grate parmesan cheese on top