Makes: 4 cups
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 lbs roma tomatoes, trimmed, halved, seeded
- 2 Tbsp Wegmans Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pkg (7 oz) Food You Feel Good About Chopped Onions 1 tsp Italian Classics Minced Garlic in Water
- 1 tsp salt
- Add tomatoes to blender; puree until smooth.
- Heat oil in pan on MED-LOW. Add onions; cook, stirring, 5-7 min, until soft but not browned.
- Add garlic and tomato puree to pan. Increase heat to MED-HIGH; bring to boil. Reduce heat to MED; simmer until liquid is reduced, about 15 min. Season with salt.
- You can remove the seeds from the tomato using a spoon or your thumb.
- Organic ingredients can be used when possible.
Nutrition Info: Each serving (1 cup) contains 120 Calories, 13 g Carbohydrate (4 g Fiber, 0 g Estimated Added Sugar), 2 g Protein, 7 g Fat (1 g Saturated Fat), 0 mg Cholesterol, 600 mg Sodium Vegetables: 1 cup