Makes: 8 1/2cups
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 bunch (about 1 lb) ramps (wild leeks), rinsed
- 2 Tbsp Wegmans Organic Salted Butter
- 8 cups water
- 3 Tbsp Better Than Bouillon Vegetarian No Chicken Base
- 1 organic baking potato, peeled, 1/2-inch dice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim ramp roots; slice ramps in 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Melt butter in large stockpot on MED. Add ramps; cook 3 min, stirring constantly, until wilted. Add water, bouillon, and potatoes; stir to combine. Bring to boil on HIGH. Reduce heat to MED-LOW; cook about 20 min until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add ramp-potato mixture to blender in 2 batches; puree about 2 min until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with sour cream or chopped chives.
- Try replacing salt and pepper with A. Vogel Herbamare seasoning to taste.