Makes: 7 cups
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2-3 organic leeks, rinsed
- 1 jar (10 oz) Italian Classics Marinated Sun-Dried Tomatoes with Capers, chopped (reserve 3 Tbsp oil)
- 1/2 cup Wegmans Organic Raw Walnuts, Halves & Pieces, chopped
- 1/2 cup Food You Feel Good About Crumbled Plain Feta Cheese (Cheese Shop)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Trim leek roots and top 2″ of dark green leaves. Cut leeks crosswise in 4 pieces; halve each piece lengthwise. Slice thinly on bias, 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick. Add to bowl of cold water; stir leeks to loosen any dirt. Remove with slotted spoon; drain.
- Heat reserved oil in pan on MED-HIGH; add leeks. Cook, stirring, 4 min, until tender.
- Reduce heat to MED-LOW. Add tomatoes, walnuts, and feta; cook, stirring, about 2 min, until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- When checking for tenderness, test dark green pieces of leeks.
- Add 1 Tbsp Wegmans Organic Salted Butter to pan at same time as reserved oil.
- This dish can also be served cold.