Makes: 4 cups
Active Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 1 bunch (about 1 1⁄2 lbs) organic beets, peeled and cut into 1⁄4-inch matchsticks; leaves reserved
- 3 Tbsp Wegmans Basting Oil
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place beet slices into a 3-qt Pyrex pan. Toss with basting oil. Add 1⁄3 cup of water, cover dish and roast about 30 min.
Devein beet leaves, cut into bite-size pieces and rinse.
- Take beets out of oven and fold in 1⁄3 of your beet leaves.
Place back in oven for 10 min. Repeat this step 2 times more until all leaves are folded in and the beets have roasted an additional 30 min total, and are fork tender.
- Remove from oven and squeeze lemon over dish.
Salt and pepper to taste.
- If using multi-color organic beets from the Wegmans Organic Farm, you may want to use 2 bunches since these varieties are a bit smaller.
Nutrition: (4 oz.) contains 70 Calories, 7 g Carbohydrate (3 g Fiber), 2 g Protein, 5 g Fat (0 g Saturated Fat), 0 mg Cholesterol, 220 mg Sodium