Makes: 4 cups
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 lbs roma tomatoes, trimmed, halved, seeded
- 2 Tbsp Wegmans Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pkg (7 oz) Food You Feel Good About Chopped Onions 1 tsp Italian Classics Minced Garlic in Water
- 1 tsp salt
- Add tomatoes to blender; puree until smooth.
- Heat oil in pan on MED-LOW. Add onions; cook, stirring, 5-7 min, until soft but not browned.
- Add garlic and tomato puree to pan. Increase heat to MED-HIGH; bring to boil. Reduce heat to MED; simmer until liquid is reduced, about 15 min. Season with salt.
- You can remove the seeds from the tomato using a spoon or your thumb.
- Organic ingredients can be used when possible.
Nutrition Info: Each serving (1 cup) contains 120 Calories, 13 g Carbohydrate (4 g Fiber, 0 g Estimated Added Sugar), 2 g Protein, 7 g Fat (1 g Saturated Fat), 0 mg Cholesterol, 600 mg Sodium Vegetables: 1 cup
Makes: 1 1/2 cups
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 bunches dandelions greens
- 3 quarts water
- 3 Tbsp. Wegmans Extra-Virgin Organic Olive Oil 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp. sea salt
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon
- Heat water, oil and salt on HIGH; bring to boil
- Wash and chop dandelions into 1“ pieces from the top to stems, use only 2/3 and disregard the bottom part with the bitter stems
- Add garlic and greens to boiling water, reduce heat MED to simmer and cook for 10 min and check stems for fork tenderness. If not tender, cook for an additional 5 min.
- Using a slotted spoon or metal mesh skimmer, strain the greens out of water. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over greens and serve.
- Option: grate parmesan cheese on top
Makes: 5 cups
Active Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes
- 1 Tbsp Wegmans Pure Olive Oil
- 1 bunch scallions (green onions), sliced
- 1 bunch (1 lb) asparagus, woody ends trimmed (about 1-inch), 1-inch dice
- 1 medium Food You Feel Good About All Purpose Butter Potato, cleaned, peeled, 1⁄4-inch dice
- 1 carton (32 oz) Food You Feel Good About Chicken Culinary Stock
- Heat olive oil in large pot on MED-HIGH. Add scallions; sauté 3 min, until softened but not browned.
- Add stock to pot with scallions and asparagus. Add potato. Reduce heat to MED; cook, stirring occasionally, at a gentle boil about 30 min until tender.
- Carefully transfer veggie mixture to Vitamix blender; puree. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Reserve a few cooked asparagus tips as garnish for your soup
Nutrition: (1 cup) contains 70 Calories, 12 g Carbohydrate (3 g Fiber), 3 g Protein, 2 g Fat (0 g Saturated Fat), 0 mg Cholesterol, 80 mg Sodium
Makes: 4 cups
Active Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 1 bunch (about 1 1⁄2 lbs) organic beets, peeled and cut into 1⁄4-inch matchsticks; leaves reserved
- 3 Tbsp Wegmans Basting Oil
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place beet slices into a 3-qt Pyrex pan. Toss with basting oil. Add 1⁄3 cup of water, cover dish and roast about 30 min.
Devein beet leaves, cut into bite-size pieces and rinse.
- Take beets out of oven and fold in 1⁄3 of your beet leaves.
Place back in oven for 10 min. Repeat this step 2 times more until all leaves are folded in and the beets have roasted an additional 30 min total, and are fork tender.
- Remove from oven and squeeze lemon over dish.
Salt and pepper to taste.
- If using multi-color organic beets from the Wegmans Organic Farm, you may want to use 2 bunches since these varieties are a bit smaller.
Nutrition: (4 oz.) contains 70 Calories, 7 g Carbohydrate (3 g Fiber), 2 g Protein, 5 g Fat (0 g Saturated Fat), 0 mg Cholesterol, 220 mg Sodium